I did it! My fist day of fitness was yesterday. I followed the black girls do work out challenge but I did double everything and i added additional exercises. So here is what I did in order:
10 leg raises
10 sec plank
Jogged in place for two minutes
10 Side stretches
10 lunges each leg
I ran in place because i needed a break but i also knew that i needed yo keep moving to keep my heart rate up. My legs are on fire and I know when I wake up in the morning they will be worse and my stomach too.mAs the days go on this pain won’t be as bad.
What made me push on was my husband vein right there by my side. It always helps to have a partner and when that person is already a big part of your life it makes it theta much better. My daughter bailed out on us but maybe next time. 😒
August is going to be a busy month for me as I have so much going on. But you know the saying: God doesnt give you anything you cant handle! My month at a glance consist of:
– 8/15 Finish my internship (THANK YOU GOD). While I’m going to miss my clients I am going to love the extra rest and time I get to spend with my family. Had to put this FIRST…forget the date!!!! lol
– Participating in two challenges (details below):
– 8/5 Oprah’s meditation challenge
– 8/16 Black Girl Do Work Out 24 Day Work Out Challenge (this is the day i’m starting…I think the original is already in progress)
– 8/19 Start PreK prep curriculum with my 2 year old.
– 8/26 Start Studying for my NCE test (anybody want to start a study group let me know…seriously).
Oprah’s Meditation Challenge
My husband emailed at work the other day asking me to participate in a meditation challenge with him. Its something, as an intern, I taught my clients. Meditation allows you to free yourself from mental and physical ailments if you have the ability to let go. Those who are unsuccessful at meditation have not learned to be free of the outside world and to connect with their inner beings.
This challenge is aimed at incorporating better relationships into our lives so it is one that hubby and I will take together and of course I’ll blog about some of my experiences while participating in the challenge. The challenge starts on Monday, August 5th 🙂
This time I texted hubby asking him would he do this workout with me 🙂 Someone told me about a DVD called Black Girls Do Workout…I did not find that but I did find a community of women with this title on Facebook. You can learn more about this challenge here https://www.facebook.com/BlackWomenDOWorkout